March 11, 2015

Glitter Drenched Hair


SO, last weekend I attended the fabulous Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras!!!! AND of course, I couldn’t possibly attend this year’s AMAZING parade looking like my normal betty-boo self, SO, I thought to myself… “What’s going to make me just stand out in the crowd???” 

And, then it hit me! (and no it wasn’t a mardi-gras float on the run! Hehe).. it was the idea of going crazy to this crazy parade WITH CRAZY GLITTER!

I had seen this done on the catwalks! The ‘drench yourself in glitter’ look - which is like you just washed your hair in glitter water, and it looks awesome and is lots of fun! 

So, here is a quick ‘How to…..’ guide to create it too, as creating this style was really easy and enjoyable to do.

This is what you need. It all shouldn't cost you more than $25!!

1.Mirror (to look at your sexy self hehe)
2.Strong hold hairspray
3.Glitter hairspray
4.Hair Gel
5.Hair Paste
6.Chunky glitter
7.Fine glitter
8.Bowel
9.Thick size paint brush, and finally…
10. A Comb


You should note, when choosing the glitter, be careful because if you have lighter coloured hair, some glitter colours can run and dye your hair with the gel. So, I would suggest that you use lighter colours such as  light sliver, gold or clear rainbow…


#1 Get wet and slick!

Soak your hair in the shower, then towel dry and comb it right back for the slick look.

Get a hand scoop of the hair gel and a hand scoop of the hair paste… mix it together in your hands and apply it through your hair. 

The reason I used both is that the gel dries fast where paste mix will still have a moist wet feel and your hair will move more freely and wont feel so rock hard or look crusty! 

Work the product within the scalp roots to the ends of the hair. Its important you really have a lot of product around the scalp of the head for the glitter to stick. 

This will make your hair look wet all night!

#2 Just add Glitter!

With the 2 types of Glitter, chunky and fine, mix them together in the bowel. 

I found using chunky glitter has a better effect with the different reflections of shine you can get and it will look amazing!! 

Wet the paint brush so it grabs the glitter and start to paint it from the hair line around the face down towards the end of the hair. 

I brushed it down to the back of my neck as it would look like a hat (that’s how I see it hehe). 

Keep adding the glitter to your desired effect… I say more the better!

#3 Hold it Together!

In between adding the glitter keep spraying the strong hairspray, as this will also help with sticking the glitter to the hair. 

Once finished, add glitter hairspray softly throughout your hair,  even right to the ends. 

#4 Pin it!

Just behind both ears, pin your hair with some bobby pins to hold your hair in place. 

This just keeps the hair together and neat. Kind of that old Hollywood glam vamped up with glitter!

#5 Finish the look!

To complete the look with makeup. You can do a dark smokey-eye as that will complete a sexier and edgier look! 

You will be the most sparkly woman at the club or parade!! Haha and you will be sure to turn those heads!!

And yes, I would love to see your created drench glitter hair looks, so take a photo and tag me! #bloggablingbeauty


Yours in looking FABULOUS!

BloggaBling xx





No comments:

Post a Comment